The Robert W. Woodruff Foundation believes education is vital to the quality of life in our region. It drives economic development and can end generational poverty. Although Mr. Woodruff did not attain a college degree himself, he recognized the value of education and made generous gifts to Atlanta’s academic institutions during his lifetime.
- Development of Georgia’s public research universities
- Institutional priorities of Georgia’s private colleges and universities
- K-12 education at the state level and within Atlanta Public Schools, with an emphasis on improving educational standards, teacher quality and school leadership development
What We Do Not Fund
- Individual public schools or school programs
- Private day schools outside of metro Atlanta