How to Apply
The Robert W. Woodruff Foundation is an independent private foundation that seeks to improve the quality of life in Georgia by investing in health, education, economic opportunity and community vitality.
EligibilityYour organization may be eligible for a grant if it:
- Is a 501(c)(3) public charity
- Is located or operating in Georgia
- Aligns with the Foundation’s program interests in Health, Education, Environment, Human Services, Arts & Culture or Community Development
Application DeadlinesThe Foundation encourages you to submit grant proposals before the deadlines listed below.
- February 1 – Proposals received by February 1 will be considered at the April meeting of our Board of Trustees.
- September 1 – Proposals received by September 1 will be considered at the November meeting of our Board of Trustees.
- Review our grantmaking guidelines and program interests. We encourage you to submit an informal inquiry to email@example.com to determine if you should apply for a grant.
Because the Woodruff Foundation shares an office and staff with the Joseph B. Whitehead Foundation, Lettie Pate Evans Foundation and Lettie Pate Whitehead Foundation, your request may also be considered by one of these foundations. You do not need to submit separate grant proposals to these foundations.
- Prepare a proposal in the form of a letter that briefly describes the organization (its mission, history and programs) and the proposed project or initiative, including the challenge it addresses, project goals and/or expected outcomes. Proposals that are concise and to the point are preferred. Please also include these attachments:
- Itemized project budget, including other sources of support in hand or anticipated
- List of executive staff and board members, including an address for the board chair
- Financial statements, including most recent audit report
- Current IRS determination letter
- Send the letter and appropriate attachments to the attention of P. Russell Hardin, President, at Robert W. Woodruff Foundation, 191 Peachtree Street, NE, Suite 3540, Atlanta, GA 30303.
- If your proposal is clearly not within the giving interests of the Foundation, we will notify you promptly.
- If your proposal is accepted for consideration at the next meeting of our Board of Trustees, you may be contacted by Foundation staff for a meeting or a visit.
- The Foundation will notify you of its decision within one week of our Board of Trustees meeting.